The Windmill of Karamitsos was built in 1859 for the grinding of wheat. In 1985 came the ownership of the Karamitsos family, who converted the windmill initially to comfortable guestrooms. The Windmill of Karamitsos overlooks the Eastern and Western part of Milos Island at the traditional Village of Trypiti which is amphitheatrically located, featuring magnificent views of the sea. The property is situated on the outskirts of the village, surrounded by other windmills as well. The center of Trypiti is only 3 minutes walk, where the guests can enjoy their meal in the local great traditional taverns serving exceptional Greek cuisine, or they can enjoy their drinks in local bars. Only 1km away, there is a supermarket for the essentials.